The Board is assisted by the following working committees:
Audit and Risk Committee
The Audit and Risk Committee is responsible for:
• Financial reporting, risk management systems, and reviewing governance policies periodically.
• Assessing the independence and objectivity of external auditors and recommending the appointment and removal of external auditors to the Board.
• Engaging external auditors throughout the auditing process, including understanding the nature and scope of the audit before auditing, and reviewing issues such as regulatory compliance, or key accounting and audit judgements, during and after the audit.
• Reviewing errors identified during the audit and obtaining all necessary explanations from the management and auditors regarding the errors.
• Overseeing the annual internal audit programme, discussing its compliance with accounting standards and proposals by the external auditor, and reviewing its effectiveness periodically.
• Ensuring coordination between internal and external auditors.
Communications and IT Committee
The Communications and IT Committee is responsible for:
• Overseeing the technological requirements and communication efforts of the Kidney Dialysis Foundation and safeguarding its reputation.
• Ensuring all internal and external communication messages are accurate, consistent, honest, ethical, and upholds the dignity of Kidney Dialysis Foundation’s beneficiaries and cause.
• Ensuring that all initiatives, purchases and communication efforts may promote awareness and contribute to a positive reputation for the Kidney Dialysis Foundation.
• Advising on the Kidney Dialysis Foundation’s technological needs, and the financial resources allocated to acquiring necessary technology.
• Addressing budgeting for training and purchases.
• Overseeing the progress of initiatives.
Human Resources Committee
The Human Resources Committee is responsible for:
• Ensuring adequate policies are in place for recruitment, retention, training, and assessment of staff to run operations and programmes of the Kidney Dialysis Foundation to achieve its vision and mission.
• Overseeing the drafting of employment terms, guidelines and policies for staff and volunteers.
• Ensuring that fair and transparent processes are in place for remuneration, regular supervision, appraisal and personal development of the staff and key volunteers.
• Ensuring that the safety and well-being of staff and key volunteers are protected with appropriate insurance coverage and effective workplace grievance handling channels.
The Investment Committee is responsible for:
• Evaluating the contemplated investment and portfolio companies of the Kidney Dialysis Foundation and recommending the investment and disinvestments of portfolio companies to the Board.
• Reviewing and discussing with the management the diversity and risk of Kidney Dialysis Foundation’s investment portfolio, the performance of portfolio companies, and reporting the results of investment activities to the Board
• Examining the results of operations, anticipated additional capital requirements, return on investment, level of management support required, budgets, forecasts and variance reports, and advise the management accordingly.
• Ensuring that investments comply with the regulations and guidelines of the Kidney Dialysis Foundation
Patient Programme Selection & Review Committee
The Patient Programme Selection & Review Committee is responsible for:
• Advising and overseeing the selection and review of patients admitted into the Subsidy Programmes at the Kidney Dialysis Foundation.
• Approving the criteria proposed by the management for the selection of patients based on non-medical conditions.
• Reviewing and approving the computation of the cost of dialysis treatments, medication and any other programmes for which Kidney Dialysis Foundation would be offering financial subsidies.
• Ensuring that new and existing subsidy programmes remain aligned with the vision and mission of the Kidney Dialysis Foundation.
The Tender Committee is responsible for:
• Overseeing the tender process and award of contracts of $100,000 and above to third-party providers of goods and services.
• Ensuring that the interest of the Kidney Dialysis Foundation is protected during the tender and decision-making process.
Budget & Finance Committee
The Budget & Finance Committee is responsible for:
• Advising and overseeing the budgetary processes, including the allocation of financial resources, and finance matters of the Kidney Dialysis Foundation.
• Producing, updating, and keeping track of the Kidney Dialysis Foundation’s budget, while ensuring the smooth operation and financial solvency of the Foundation.
• Reviewing and approving departmental budgets.
• Overseeing the allocation of financial resources of the Kidney Dialysis Foundation.
• Maintaining fiscal responsibility and a clear overview of the Kidney Dialysis Foundation’s overall financial status.
The Fundraising Committee is responsible for:
• Assisting the Board to raise funds to meet the funding requirements of the Kidney Dialysis Foundation.
• Ensuring that fundraising projects and activities are transparent, ethical and upholds the public’s confidence in the cause of the Kidney Dialysis Foundation.
• Advising realistic and achievable income targets and cost-income ratios for the execution of fundraising projects.
• Ensuring that approved projects adopt corporate governance, the best practices and standards required by the regulators and the Kidney Dialysis Foundation.
• Ensuring that fundraising projects are executed within their cost and income targets, and the expected cost-income ratio.